Thursday, February 14, 2008

A unique perspective


Dateline, February 8, 2008. While Parker, Mom, Scooter & Maggie are home manning the fort, and training the newcomer, Dad's working in the Big Apple. I thought this was a unique view, taken from the 9th floor of the future home of 1,000 employees of RBC. Across the "pit" as it is referred to--the former site of the World Trade Center--on the right side is a larger black building that is where I spend a good chunk of my time in NYC.



Problem with the financial district, though, is the cost of hotels. A good rate starts at $350 per night. I can stay in mid-town/times square for that unique environment under $300 a night; and now I'm starting to feel pretty comfortable on the subway system as well...Here's a quick shot of what I termed to be a NYC police car, and one of the "cleanest subway car on earth".

No Joke--this thing had to be brand new..the rest don't exactly look like this!

No comments: